A red team assessment is a goal-based activity which provides inclusive view of the organization from the perspective of a threat actor. The drive of conducting a red teaming assessment is to demonstrate as how a real-world attacker can combine seemingly unrelated exploits to achieve their goal. This assessment process is designed to meet the needs of complex organizations handling a variety of sensitive assets through technical, physical, or process-based means.
According to various reports, over 70% of the attacks, in recent times, occur at an application level. As per several surveys conducted over the years, people are attacking through apps in the 21st century as it is easier than via network layer. Despite the common use of defenses like prevention systems or intrusion detection and firewalls, hackers are still able to pose major legal liability without even being detected or stopped.
A web application is any program that can be accessed through a web server. As web applications often provide access to sensitive data this makes them high value target for attackers.
- Identify vulnerabilities in applications and systems
- Have a fresh set of eyes to look at your software and systems
- Understand the impact of a security breach
- Discover weakness in your development and testing processes
- Test your incident response capabilities
- Demonstrate security controls, justify security spending